Top 8 Things To Do In Charlotte In 2021
With so many things to do in and around the Queen City, coming up with a list of 8 Charlotte activities was a breeze!
- Visit the S. National Whitewater Center. Home to over 1,300 acres dedicated to outdoor activities such as whitewater rafting, mountain biking, trail running, rock climbing, and zip lining, the USNWC if fun for the whole family any time of the year. Be sure to visit on Friday evenings during January – USNWC’s River’s Edge restaurant will be serving a six course dinner paired with craft beers from regional Charlotte breweries.
- Take a 40 minute drive east of toward Albemarle, NC to visit Reed Gold Mine. Did you know that this was the site of the first gold finding documented in the United States? Pan for gold, learn the history of the mine and its operations and take a tour down into the mine itself!
- Stroll through Romare Bearden Park located in Uptown Charlotte across from BB&T Ballpark, home to the Charlotte Knights baseball team. The park consists of over 5 acres with a walking path, fountain oval, and memorial gardens, as well as a huge grassy area for picnics, play and relaxation.
- Ride your bike along the Little Sugarcreek Greenway located at the edge of Uptown Charlotte. Or take a spin along Four Mile Creek Greenway if you’re down in South Charlotte. Grab a warm latte at the nearby Starbucks Coffee afterwards for some refreshment!
- Take a dinner cruise around Lake Norman. The Catawba Queen is a Mississippi river boat that sales from Queens Landing on Highway 150 in Cornelius, NC. Enjoy the on board full bar and chef-prepared buffet as you sail along the 760 mile shoreline of Lake Norman!
- Hike Morrow Mountain. A short 30 minute drive from Charlotte leads you through the beautiful Uwharrie Mountains to Morrow Mountain State Park which offers hiking and bridle trails, 106 campsites as well as RV camping. Situated along the Pee Dee River at Lake Tillery, you can also enjoy fishing, swimming, and boating.
- Buy fresh produce at the Kings Drive Farmer’s Market. Starting in April, you will find this corner loaded with fresh produce, fresh flowers, and fresh shrimp. Simpson’s Produce has been operating a farmer’s market here since the 1940s. During October they sell pumpkins and at Christmas you can find the very best selection of fresh cut Christmas trees in Charlotte.
- Take a tour at the Levine Museum of the New South. 2017 marks the 25th anniversary and they are celebrating with a musical dining celebration called“Taste of the New South: A Gourmet Musical Celebration”. The celebration is being held on March 16th and tickets start at $125 for museum members and $150 for non-members. You will get to enjoy a tasting menu and creative cocktails while enjoying entertainment from regional artists! One of my favorite “can’t miss” top things to do in Charlotte in 2017!
Charlotte activities abound whether you’re in South Charlotte, South End, Lake Norman, or Matthews. So if you’re looking for things to do in Charlotte in 2017, our area has something for everyone!